Monday, November 8, 2010

11/8-11/12 OM NOM!!!!

My family usually celebrates Thanksgiving together. We wake up early to make breakfast and to watch Macy’s Thanksgiving parade. After we make breakfast we usually start dinner and work on it until two p.m. While we wait for dinner to be done we play Apples to Apples. My whole family plays except for my grandma. She just sits back and watches. That’s the only game we usually play because we are really inappropriate when we play it which makes it fun. Sometimes one of us ends up pissed because Sara or Mono says something offensive. Yea…that pretty much sounds right.  After dinner I usually do the dishes and we just sit around the table and talk about anything. We put the food away for tomorrow because that’s when we usually have left overs for the next couple days. I love holidays like this because hearing my family laugh and have a great time is what makes me happy. I wish we had holidays like this all the time.  Around seven or something like that we have desert which is pumpkin pie that my grandma made. After that we pretty much just pass out because of all the eating we did. On holidays like this we forget about all the problems that we have had or that were having now and we just laugh and have a great time. We block out our problems so they don’t ruin our time. We actually get together and get a long which doesn’t happen much in the Herter house.

No comments:

Post a Comment