Wednesday, November 3, 2010

11/1-11/5 R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Respect: to honor or look up to someone as an elder. I know it’s a weird definition, but it’s what I think respect is. I give my father respect because he does a lot for me. He loves me; he takes care of me, and so on. He deserves all the respect I give him and more. Teachers also need respect. They are elders and they are taking their time to teach us and give us an education. Yes they are getting paid to do it, but they also need the respect from their fellow students to keep them going. I don’t respect someone that treats me like garbage. Let me explain that to you. If someone gives me attitude that I don’t deserve, I will not respect you. If someone hurts me either physically or mentally, I will not respect you. If you hurt someone that I love, not only will I hurt you, I will not respect you either. If someone that doesn’t know me gives me a mean look or even tries to judge me for someone that I am not, I will not respect you. What goes around comes around. I respect many people because that’s the right thing to do. There always has to be a reason not to respect someone. Besides trust, respect is very important in a relationship. Without it, I don’t think you have a relationship. It’s how you get along with someone. Easily though, I can lose respect for someone. If I do lose respect for you, you have to do a lot to get my respect back. It won’t be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment