Tuesday, November 16, 2010

11/15-11/19 Meh...holidays....

I don’t have a favorite holiday. When I was growing up we did celebrate everything but somehow they were always ruined. I don’t look forward to any holidays anymore. I could actually care less about them. I don’t want to sound like a negative person but holidays are useless. I am an atheist so to me Christmas doesn’t mean anything to me. I don’t ask for much. Like for this year I want a typewriter…yea…a typewriter. My family though, still celebrates it because they have different beliefs. Another thing is that for my birthday I don’t care for also. It’s not a holiday but we still celebrate it. I don’t ask for much for that day either. We actually don’t have to celebrate it all, but my dad buys me stuff anyways. Thanksgiving is about food…cool. I eat large amounts of food ever day so Thanksgiving isn’t real to me. New Years Eve and day…really? Do we seriously have to celebrate another boring year? All of those small one day holiday things that we don’t have vacations on I’m cool with those because we don’t have school. Also, they are not over celebrated. For my family though we actually celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. day. We’re ridiculous like that. I can go into further details there but some people might find it racist and I don’t want that to happen.  Halloween on the other hand is pretty legit. I love going out and getting candy. After that I might go to the movies or just stay home and watch movies with my friends and siblings. I’m a creepy person when it comes to this holiday. I wish that it would rain blood. Yes, rain blood. Now, that would be a real Halloween. That would definitely make it scary and set the mood for that day. Other than that I don’t really care for holidays. Then again is Halloween even a holiday? We don’t even get school off for it yet it’s still important somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment