Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Final Project - Ignorant

I think bullying is not just rude and mean, but interesting. I would love to get into the mind of a bully. I want to know and understand why he or she is acting this way. When I researched why people bully, it’s because there is something wrong in their life and they don’t know how to take care of that problem. Bullies channel their anger towards people that have nothing to do with them, hence why they pick on the weak. I noticed that here in Alden, most of the bullies use words as their way of attacking their victim. I wonder why. Why don’t just fight? Why chose words? There are fights here in the high school, but that’s because of stupid reasons between people that use to be or are friends. It truly confuses me why people really decide to bully. Sometimes people are just bored and decide to pick on someone. Recently I heard about this fight because a girl commented on another girl’s lipstick and said that it looked like something that I cannot say at this moment because it is inappropriate. After that, they started beating each other up. A way to prevent this fight is to perhaps ignore the bully. Just because the bully said something, doesn’t mean it’s true. Another thing I don’t understand is why the victims listen or believe what their bullies say. I believed my bully because I understood that I was overweight. I knew that I was overweight. It didn’t really hurt me as much. When it comes to the hurtful words of homosexuals, now I understand why they are hurt. Those words are just hurtful. I made the mistake of calling my friend that once, and she’s bisexual. It still hurts though. I regret calling her that, but I learned from my mistake. I watch the news all the time, watching people commit hate crimes against all kinds of people and saying that gay marriage shouldn’t be legalized. First of all, if a woman and a man can get married, so should two girls or two guys. They are people too. They love each other, live with it people. They have nothing to do with your life so don’t worry about there’s. Anyways, I totally got off track here. Even if bullies go after their victims, I’d really love to know both sides of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment