Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Final Project - Grow Up

I’ve learned a lot from researching the topic of bullying. I’ve noticed that there was a lot more types of bullying besides School, Cyber and Workspace bullying. It’s sick that even more types exist. I also noticed that being a victim of bullying is terrifying. I have been a victim, but I wasn’t hit or beat up at all. I was just harmed with words. Words can hurt more than actions, but both still cause pain. I used a lot of the recent suicides of the gay teenagers because it shows how words can really hurt someone. I also researched that the bullies pick on the weak ones. To tell you the truth, I find that not all true. I am not a weak person. What is true though, they find something that sticks out on a person. For me, that was me being overweight. I didn’t go to a lot of people. I just went to my guidance counselor. If you read my other blog I also told you that story. Anyways, I learned that not all people help with this situation. In all the kids that I researched, it said that a lot of them went to people for help within their school but they didn’t do anything about it. I find that surprising and really ridiculous. In the video about the eight year old, the mother said something about children going to school and being safe. Isn’t that right? We come to school to learn, and meet people and have fun. How can we have fun if our souls are being crushed by a heartless person? I try helping people when they are being bullied. I know I’m young and I don’t have much power, but sometimes words fix a problem. Bullies tend to pick on people who are depressed, shy, and quiet to themselves. It amazes me that bullies do that. Half the time, bullies don’t even know the reason why people are like this.  My little sister is very shy, and it worries me that maybe someone will pick on her. I’m glad she’s in high school now because I can protect her. I just wish that people would grow up and be mature. I’ve learned that a lot of people are ignorant in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment