Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Final Project - My Opinion

My topic I decided to do the final project on was Bullying. I decided to actually narrow it down to school bullying. I’ve noticed that our school actually has a lot of bullying. It’s just behind the scenes so teachers never really see it unless it gets really bad. When I say bad, I mean when a fight breaks out. I truly think bullying is immature and incredibly stupid. I understand that people are different, but isn’t that a good thing? I wouldn’t want to live in a world where people are all the same and completely boring. I like the fact that there are emos, goths, preps, jocks, nerds, cheerleaders, etc. Then again, isn’t it wrong to have labels and cliques? People are friends with the people they have the most common with. Well, at least that’s what I think. Sometimes, when I walk down the hallways, I see all the little cliques and I wished that everyone would just talk to everyone else. It’s Alden. It’s like we’re one big family. It makes me so mad when I see someone picking on someone else because they have a disorder, or because they perhaps wear skinny jeans and they are a male. Seriously, is it really a problem? They’re acting themselves, we should accept that. I remembered this one time these kids were making fun of my friend because she was bisexual. They told her to go away and come back when she was “okay”. What exactly is “okay”? Ugh, that angered me. People are just so judgmental. When people bully their peers they don’t even know the other side of the story. I don’t even think bullies know the consequences that can happen if they bully someone that is so fragile. I was bullied once because of my weight. I understand that I am overweight, but what does me being overweight have to do with your life? I don’t pay attention about the way you look or what you do with your life. I pay attention to myself. That bully though, did lower my self-esteem and I had to go to my counselor and talk to her about trying to get through this without doing anything that can damage my body. I’m better now, and I don’t listen to anyone that decides to hurt me because something goes wrong in their life and they have to hurt someone to make that pain go away. You’re ignorant if you decide to hurt someone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment