Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Group J: You Still Have All of Me.

Instead of writing about a Metalcore band like I usually would, I’m actually going to write about a band that is more Alternative than Metalcore. Evanescence is an awesome band. I’ve been listening to this band since middle school. Their first song I have ever heard was “Bring Me To Life”. After that song, I fell in love with the band. Over the years though, I lost track of their songs and albums. To be honest I don’t know if they have a came out with anything new throughout the years. I noticed that they did come out with a new album recently. It’s named after their band. Their music is actually kind of depressing, but sometimes I can really relate to it. I’m sure anyone can. She sings about heartbreak, the feeling of losing someone and well, just depression in general. The lead singer of Evanescence is Amy Lee. Her voice is so different than other female artists. You can really hear the pain that she’s been through in her voice. I only listen to the music I listen to because I want to listen to music that’s real. I want to feel what that artist has gone through. Feeling their pain is what makes their music unique and theirs. I love it when music truly speaks to me. My favorite part about her voice is that it relaxes me. It’s so soft yet powerful. You can really feel the emotion that she puts in her words when she sings the slower songs. She puts more passion into those songs. My favorite song is “My Immortal” which is from their first album Fallen. I think that’s the most emotional song I have ever heard in my life. It’s about having to live with someone that you love, but they hurt you emotionally. When they leave, it's as if they're still there because they scarred you so badly. Something that many people don’t know about me is that I can actually sing. I can sing this song perfectly (not to sound cocky or anything). I love singing all of her songs. I’m sure from now on I’ll stay updated with this band because her music is just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment