Thursday, January 5, 2012

Group I : Texting is for Squares.

To be honest, I never make New Year resolutions because I never follow through with them. This year though, I really want to love more instead of hate. I always say that I don’t judge people, but sometimes I look at people and hate them because they hang out with the wrong people. I’m not proud of that, but I will try as hard as I can. I also want to work hard on the relationship that I have with my current boyfriend. Since he lives in Texas, it’s going to be hard to talk to him all the time. I don’t want to break up with him just because of that. I believe that long-distance relationships work because I have a lot of family members that have met their wives and husbands on the internet. Sometimes though, I do give up on relationships like that because we never come up with plans about our future. I can’t date someone who doesn’t want to be with me or move for me. What’s the point of being with someone if they don’t want to move or try to be with you? I’m willing to move for him, but it’s going to be hard because I’m so connected to my father and my younger sister. I’d literally die for my boyfriend and I know he feels the same way. I want us to be together forever and I’ll do anything to keep that going. I think that’s the most important thing to me right now. This relationship is really based on trust and being able to tolerate this relationship because we live so far apart. We’ve been together for three months, but I’ve known him longer than that.
Another New Year resolution is that I don’t want to text as much. Normally I text almost five different people in a day and I miss a lot of stuff that’s happening around me. I learned from my friend that if you leave your phone on silent and keep it in your pocket, you won’t depend on it as much. It’s true. If I go out with my dad I leave my phone at home or if I’m home and hanging out with my sister, I keep it in my room. I noticed how much time I took away from my day because of texting people and I’m trying to get it back. I can do more things than text and that can actually help my grades. I actually started to study and amazingly that stuff actually works! I know, I’m a senior and I finally just started to study. Well, there are a lot of exams at the end of the year and if I do really great in those classes I can be exempt from the exams. I’m trying as hard as I can. So, yea, that’s legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment