Thursday, September 22, 2011

Group B: Dreams Do Come True.

Uh, what if we have never had a great moment in our lives? Sounds ridiculous right? Well, I guess I have had a moment or two where I didn’t want them to end. If I have to write about something then I’ll just come up with some random though. Back in the beginning of summer/ end of the school year, my father got the news that one of my books was going to be published. I do believe I almost peed myself because I was just so excited. I even cried because I was so happy. Dreams never come true for some people. No matter how hard they try, they fail in the end. I’ve tried and I’ve been working hard on my writing. Every time I finish a story I feel a change occur within myself. When I write a new story I can really tell how I changed. I might find new vocabulary or write more detailed. I can also write longer stories. I noticed that day when my father told me about my story being published I could really feel the pressure rise off my shoulders. I was afraid that I wasn’t going to be good enough to become an author. I was afraid that I was going to have to find something else to do for a living. I mean, this is my dream. Besides becoming a mother this is really the only other dream I have in my life. It felt like I was born to write. Every time I put a pen to a piece of paper I make another masterpiece. Now of course that was quite cocky, but when your dream is on the line, you have to do anything to make that dream come true. I was amazed that this really happened. This was the first time I was ever proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment