Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Group B: I kind of don't feel like being kidnapped today.

I use Facebook because my sister in-law told me to get one. Sounds weird right? Well, it was the only way I could talk to her and some of my other family members that I don’t see often. I also use it to talk to my “other half” if you know what I mean. :] The positives with Facebook are like what I just said. You can talk to people in your family that don’t really live around you. You can also meet new people from your school and start talking to them through there. A girl from Alden added me on Facebook and I knew who she was I just didn’t really talk to her face to face. We got to know each other on there and then by summer we were hanging out and stuff. It was kind of random but it was also awesome that I got to know someone and I made a new friend. The bad things that have to do with Facebook are the fact that people can go a little too far. You always hear on the news about kids being kidnapped because they go to meet people that they have met on the internet. Maybe they don’t meet them over Facebook, but it can also be from another website as in MySpace, Tagged, Twitter, MyYearBook or other websites where you meet new people. I know better when it comes to strangers. I don’t talk to them. I don’t give them my personal information and I most definitely don’t meet them in person. Some kids just don’t know the risks they are taking when they post their number on their Facebook. I see kids all the time doing this because they are bored and they want people to “hit them up”. People need to know boundaries, and one day it’ll be too late to finally realize they went a little too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment