Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Group C: Baby, I was Born this Way!

In online Publishing 1, I made my own Wiki about bullying. I’ve been bullied before for many reasons. I think what happened to Jamey was absolutely ridiculous. I thought times were changing and that we were able to accept people no matter what, but clearly I was wrong. The students who bullied this kid should be arrested for harassment and for committing a hate crime. I have many gay and or bisexual friends and they are scared about coming out to not only their parents but to their friends and peers. I think kids should be able to come out and not have to hide their real selves from the world. People don’t notice how hard it is to be gay or bisexual. So many people hate on their type of living because it is against religion or they just think it’s not right. Well, excuse me; we are all people inside and out. If men and women can get married together, why can’t two women get married? Or two men? It’s love and they have nothing to do with anyone else’s life. Mind your own business. I heard on the news that the students that bullied Jamey did not stop after his suicide. There was a dance at Williamsville North High School and a Lady Gaga song came on. All the students in the gym during the dance started to chant Jamey’s name. The bullies that have done this to Jamey started chanting “You’re better off dead”. For those who have ever bullied someone, grow up. You have no idea what people are going through. What makes you think, that you are somehow better than them? Bullies make me sick. I hope that all the teenagers that have taken their lives rest in peace and for those who are being bullied because of numerous reasons please get help. We need to get together as a family to stop this. You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment