Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Group C: The WAKiest Place in Town

It’s quite obvious on what I am going to choose for the favorite restaurant blog. Since we have to keep it within Alden I’m going to choose The West Alden Kitchen. My father owns the restaurant, and has for the past nine years. I find the WAK to be the best restaurant in Alden because it’s really the only family restaurant where you can go and not be surrounded by alcohol. No offense to the other places within Alden, but seriously, I would like to go someplace where there isn’t just ice cream or pizza served. I want to go somewhere with my father and not have to worry about alcohol either. The waitresses are awesome. They are always happy and they don’t bring their home drama in with them. A lot of the food is homemade by my father or my grandmother. I love homemade food. We get a lot of travelers in from all over the place and they always talk about the homemade food and it makes them feel as if they’re home. When I go to a restaurant I always pay attention to the atmosphere. If a restaurant is too dark I do not go in there. I want to be able to see my food when I eat it. At the WAK it’s really bright and happy. I feel if it is lighter it makes people happier. If there are things hanging on the wall it’s not as boring. Family restaurants don’t need huge televisions or huge radios. You go there to spend time with your family and to talk to them. When dealing with a restaurant like this, you tend to get regular’s. Regulars are people who come in almost every day and you remember what their order is and stuff like that. I enjoy having people like this because they are always happy to see you and it’s like they are your family. I believe family beats a sports bar any day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment