Monday, October 17, 2011

Group D: Momma ^_^

To be honest, most of the teachers I have had in my life have impacted me in some positive way. I’m sure most people look at their teachers and just see people; well I see them as people who can change me and make me think about my decisions. They’re here for a reason. Ms. Terry Gilmore has always been there for me. A lot of people know that I don’t have a mother. I try to look for that perfect mother figure because I still want that chance to say “I have a mother”. I’ve known Ms. Gilmore since freshman year and I’m a senior now. I don’t know where I would be right now without her. She’s helped me so much in every single subject. She even helps me with my family and friend problems. She’s like a goddess who knows everything. I’m not ashamed to be who I am because of her. If I’m depressed or mad she talks to me and makes me feel better about myself or about the situation that I am in. She’s not just a teacher to me, she’s my mother. I call her momma when I walk into the Academic Learning Center. Some people give me weird looks and ask why I call her momma. Well, what is there to explain? She’s my mother. People don’t understand the bond that Ms. Gilmore and I have. I know that seniors or just any kid can’t wait to get out of high school, but I don’t want to leave. So many people become distant from their friends after high school and they’re more focused on college and trying to figure out what they want to do, but I don’t want that to happen with me and Ms. Gilmore. She’s taught me so much I can practically write a book about it. I believe she is the only reason why I love Alden High School. Without her, the school just wouldn’t be the same, I wouldn’t be the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment