Monday, December 13, 2010

12/13-12/17 love ♥

One Hundred Love Sonnets: XVII by: Pablo Neruda
I don’t love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz,  
or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:  
I love you as one loves certain obscure things,  
secretly, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that doesn’t bloom but carries  
the light of those flowers, hidden, within itself,  
and thanks to your love the tight aroma that arose  
from the earth lives dimly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,  
I love you directly without problems or pride:
I love you like this because I don’t know any other way to love,
except in this form in which I am not nor are you,  
so close that your hand upon my chest is mine,  
so close that your eyes close with my dreams.

I like this poem because how it expresses one love towards someone else. It’s so specific on how she loves this certain person. My favorite line is “I love you as one loves certain obscure things, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.” That one really explains how I love people or things. I don’t understand why I love them I just do. I don’t understand love in the first place. Is it a feeling? Is it something you do? I don’t get it. To tell you the truth I have my own definition of love rather than googling it and what not. I figured it out on my own. People have different feelings with love and some people take love seriously others don’t. Love is serious to me. I’ve been hurt a lot in my life by my loved ones. If you do hurt me I don’t love you anymore.  Love is a strong word so I don’t say it if I don’t mean it. I like this poem because the person means it. They express themself as if they were in love. It makes me feel happy when I read it and I really need that happiness right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment