Monday, April 23, 2012

Group P: Haters Make Us Famous!

For my first choice blog that I will do is going to be about my favorite band, Blood on the Dance Floor. Lately I’ve noticed my taste is music is changing. I still love screamo, but it’s changing mainly to techno. Blood on the Dance Floor has been one of my favorite bands for a couple years now. This was the kind of music I turned to after Karen left. I actually remember writing an article about their album that came out during Online Publishing 1. Their music is really sexual, but I think that’s what makes it awesome. You can be incredibly angry, and then you listen to Scream for my Ice Cream, and you can’t help but laugh. A lot of people actually judge this band because of the way they look. They get called gay every day, but to be honest, I don’t care if they are gay or not. They make awesome music and they have extreme skills. Blood on the Dance Floor has taken me from being in darkness, into the light. Jayy Von Monroe is one the members of this band and he actually barely passed high school because of bullying. He had to be treated as if he was a prisoner. He couldn’t even go to the bathroom alone because the school was afraid he was going to be killed. He had a desk thrown at him before. Look where he is now! FAMOUS. That’s what I love about this band. They don’t care what you say about them. They take those horrible words and turn their pain into lyrics. Some of those lyrics aren’t always sexual though. Their songs are about believing in yourself no matter what. I don’t think I’ll ever stop listening to this band. They are my jam. Listen before you judge.
“BOTDF is one act that will scar your mind. Love is the message, division is not.”

No comments:

Post a Comment