Monday, April 23, 2012

Group P: Don't Be Hatin'

Another band that I am completely in love with is the Goo Goo Dolls. They are a very unique band in many ways. I think the lead singer has the sexiest voice ever. It’s raspy and a little deep. Their music kind of reminds me of NeverShoutNever. It’s calmer music than rock and alternative. They actually have a cd that’s called The Greatest Hits: Goo Goo Dolls, or something like that. To be honest, all their songs are hits. Normally I don’t really listen to them, but ever since I heard “Iris”, on the radio, I’ve been addicted. I just can’t get enough of them. I actually can’t believe that they’re from Buffalo also. They have extreme talent! I know the words to all of their songs…well almost. Whenever my dad and I drive on Broadway, whether it’s dark out or not I always break out into song. “Broadway is dark tonight!” –me
I also enjoy listening to older music, like the 90’s or 80’s. That music is so much different than the music now. It’s not sexual. It’s not about drugs. It’s just carefree and fun. Surprisingly I’m an N*Sync fan and Backstreet Boys fan. I grew up listening to them. My favorite person is Lance Bass from N*Sync and Kevin from BB. I’m a nerd. Hardcore.
My dad also got me into Whitney Houston when I was younger. I’m also a fan of Tina Turner. Their music was always so inspirational. I still have some of their tapes. Yea, tapes. Some kids don’t even know what those are. I was devastated when Whitney died. I always wanted to sing like her. She had the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. It was powerful too. R.I.P.
The last person I love is Adele. She truly is an inspiration. She shows women and men how to turn heartbreak into art. She also knows how to be proud of her body. She truly is beautiful and so is her voice. Ever since she became famous in America, I’ve listened to all of her music. I literally love each song.

No comments:

Post a Comment