Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Group F: These Vampires Don't Sparkle.

It’s hard to choose what my favorite book is because I read a lot. I’ll write about this series of books that I’ve been reading for the past two years. It’s the House of Night novels written by P.C. Cast and her daughter Kristin Cast. This whole series is about Zoey Redbird, a teenager who is marked. Yes, she is a vampire, but not like the Twilight vampires. They actually suck blood and rip bodies apart like it’s their jobs. They don’t sparkle in the sun. They don’t even go out in the sun. In this series, vampires are normal to have in society, but people look down on them. If a teenager is marked, they are taken to the House of Night where they go to school and live there. A person will know if they are marked because they will have a crescent moon on their forehead. Zoey Redbird was already having a hard life when she was marked. She was not happy at all. She has a rough relationship with her mom because she got remarried to this man named John. He treats her like crap. During the series Zoey learns that she is almost like the Goddess Nyx in which all the vampires pray to. Zoey has the power of earth, water, spirit, fire and air. She meets other friends that end up having the one of the powers that she has. I love this series so much because it’s entertaining. I literally read three of the books in two weeks. I couldn’t stop reading. I would read whenever I could. I was able to imagine everything she wrote. She came up with the best plots. It was nothing like you have ever read before.  The ninth book of the series just came out at the beginning of the month and you bet your bottom dollar that I bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment