Monday, November 21, 2011

Group F: "Give in to love or live in fear."

Normally I would do my top three favorite scary movies, but I think I’ll try something new. I will tell you about my favorite musicals. The first musical that I love to watch is Rent. I can literally watch this movie over and over again. Well, I have done that before. I know all the words to every song and I know all the words when people talk. I usually annoy the people that I’m watching the movie with because I’m talking through the whole thing. Rent is about a group of friends, some have AIDS, others don’t, and they go through this journey of finding love and losing the ones they love. I’m pretty sure I’ve cried 45987398475394 times throughout this movie and I do cry each time my favorite character dies. I get emotionally attached to the characters because I’ve watched this movie so many times it’s almost my life. Another musical I love is Chicago. I watched the new version earlier this year in American Film, taught by Ms. Weisbeck. This movie was about a woman who was trying to get into the singing business by sleeping with this man but he was just using her. She shot and killed him. She ends up going to jail and she just wants to become famous. She starts all these rumors about her being pregnant when really she isn’t. The musical numbers in this movie are phenomenal and they always get stuck in my head. I can’t think of a third musical I like, so I’ll just go back to horror. I just watched a scary movie recently called Joy Ride. That was the most unique movie I have ever watched. These brothers decide to go on a road trip to pick this girl up in Colorado and one of the brothers decide to get this radio for his car that trucker’s normally use. This trucker named Rusty Nail is the victim of a harsh prank these boys played on him and he’s out for his revenge. Rusty Nail starts to follow these boys everywhere and try killing them. It’s really an awesome movie. There is also a sequel, but it’s not as good as the first one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment