Thursday, November 17, 2011

Group F: Set the World on Fire

My favorite music genre is Screamo. Technically its not a genre, but thats the type of music I listen to. Some people call it metal, alternative blah blah blah. I actually started listening to this music in 2010. My friend Cait got me into it. My first Screamo song was The Flood by Escape the Fate. That song got me addicted to the whole genre of music. To this day, Im still finding out about new bands and what not. I actually dont like some bands because they are too hardcore. I like to understand the words that the people are saying and some bands just scream to the point that you have no idea what they are saying. I can understand the screaming to some point. My favorite band is either Asking Alexandra or Black Veil Brides. Its hard to choose between those two because both are so unique and inspiring. Black Veil Brides lead singer, Andy Sixx, used to be bullied in high school and now hes a successful band leader. Their songs are about standing up and not being afraid of facing your fears. My favorite lyrics come from the song Set the World on Fire which just came out on their recent album.
Fight for all you know
When your backs against the wall
Stand against the liars
Stronger than before
When your life becomes a war
Set the world on fire.
I follow these lyrics and stand up for myself when others try to put me down. Nothing can stop me.
Asking Alexandra on the other hand is pretty B.A. if you know what I mean. Their music is a mixture of techno and scream. I cant really put any of their lyrics on here because they swear a lot to get their points across. This genre of music relaxes 24/7. Im always listening to the same bands and their songs because they never get old to me. I will literally never stop listening to this genre of music. I will follow these bands until I die.

Black Veil Brides

No comments:

Post a Comment