Monday, May 21, 2012

Group R: Senior Year, the final good-bye.

The best part of the end of the school year is probably when it’s the last day. We have to hand in our books, clean out our lockers and say good-bye to our teachers/friends. Surprisingly though, I don’t really have to clean out a locker. Crystal and I just decided to share a locker since all I had this year were two main classes, English and Civics. I just had to use folders and because of the new schedule, I only brought the folders I needed on the days I needed them on. Easy right? All I have to do is just turn in a couple of books. That’s pretty legit if you think about it. When it comes to saying good-bye, that’s a whole different story. We’re so used to saying good-bye and then seeing your friends in a couple months for another start of a school year. For me though, it’s the end. Senior year, the final good-bye.  It’s sad to think about it. Some of the friendships that I’ve created in the past 12 years, might not continue after graduation. People go their separate ways. They start new lives. The relationships that we’ve created with teachers for the past 4 years are going to disappear unless we friend request them on Facebook. I won’t do that though, because that’s kind of weird. I can’t wait to step out these doors on the last day of school and breathe in that summer air. Why? Because I don’t ever have to come back, except for graduation. A lot of people are going to change after this year. I don’t talk to half the kids in my senior class. I don’t know what they’re going to do in their future. I just hope they all stay out of trouble and be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment