Friday, May 4, 2012

Group Q: Another Part of Me.


Lightning and thunder storms, the most beautiful weather to me. Some people might think that’s weird, but surprisingly a lot of people will agree with me. I find lightning and thunder to be calming, unless it gets out of control and you have to run for your lives because of a tornado. Anyways, when I was younger, I was actually afraid. As I grew up though, I just fell in love with it. I think it was because I had to get used to it while my sister cried in my arms because she was so afraid. Now, she isn’t that bad unless she hears tornado warnings. I actually turn off all of the lights and sit next to the window during storms like that. I remember one time I was sitting alone in the dark next to the window. I was listening to the thunder and watching the lightning. Sketchy, I know. Sara came down stairs and went to turn on the light and I was like, “don’t turn the light on”. I literally scared the crap out of her. She called me creepy and then went upstairs. Call me whatever you want, just don’t ruin the moment that storms and I have together. Did you know that lightning is only half an inch thick? Kind of weird to think about when you’re staring at the bolt and it looks like 56 feet thick. The most beautiful lightning that I have ever seen was down south when I went to North Carolina with my friend and her family. I was right along the ocean too. It was just absolutely breath taking. Here in Alden when the lightning strikes, you just see the clouds like up, but down south, you actually see the bolts and the branches that come off of it. I’ve never seen anything like it before. This may have been a random blog, but sometimes you just got to be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment