Friday, February 3, 2012

Group K: Depressing, I know. It's still legit!

Just for a warning or whatever, this story isn’t about me. It’s part of a story I wrote but it’s completely transformed.

Freedom, that’s all I have ever wanted. I just want to pull away from this world and fly away, fly away to a new place. I want to find a place where I belong and that people accept me for who I am. After my friend, Rebecca, committed suicide I was left with nothing. She was my best friend and now I don’t have the strength to make anymore. The day she committed suicide changed my life forever. You always hear people talk about how kids commit suicide all the time and how they’re at home when they do it, but the difference between those kids and my friend Rebecca is that she did it in public and I was right beside her. I didn’t understand what was going on at that moment. All I remember is Rebecca yelling, crying and jumping. The moment her feet left the ledge of the bridge, I snapped back into reality. I reached out for her. My fingers grazed the palm of her hand and I looked straight into her eyes as she dived into the deep, cold river. I watched as her red shirt sunk to the bottom and I was alone. I screamed for her, hoping that she would float back to the top, alive. Instead, she stayed under the water, abandoning me and our friendship. Pedestrians ran towards the bridge and looked over as I fell to the concrete crying. No one asked if I was okay or what had just happened. They made up their own stories like they always do. They were getting ready to tell the media how a seventeen year old female just jumped. They’ll probably make up some story about how she was pregnant or how the love of her life just cheated on her and then left her. I’m sure those lies are closer to the truth, only because I know nothing and I just watched my best friend commit suicide. 
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment