Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Group N: Fo Sho!

It’s quite obvious where I work, The West Alden Kitchen. I love working there because of the atmosphere. Since we’re a family restaurant, we’re a lot closer. Yes we do fight, but it’s easier to make up right away then let the problem sit and get worse. I could always stay working as a waitress because we make bank, but I don’t think I want to have this as a job for the rest of my life. A career I actually wanted to look into was maybe teaching. I’d be an English Teacher. I just don’t think I’d be able to do that for the rest of my life either because that’s not what I want to do. Being an author is pretty much what my life is about right now. I recently started writing a new novel and I can literally feel myself change each time I start a new book. I guess I could also be a librarian because if I could be surrounded by books for my career, bring it on. I’ve always loved reading, but I was afraid that reading during the school year would make me stray from what I was learning in school. Well, I proved myself wrong big time. Since the library got brand new books, I’ve been reading them like it’s my job. I think that reading books really teaches kids to expand their imaginations. I started to read thrillers by James Patterson when I was in seventh grade and that was also when I started writing. I think it was then that I noticed that I wanted to be like James Patterson one day. Everyone who reads usually knows who he is. I want that to be me one day. “Do you know who Kathleen Herter is?” “Fo sho! She is the best author out there!” See, it’ll happen one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment